Monday, May 2, 2011

I had a birthday.

It's really a birth month, not a birth day - and since I'm born on Leap Year I make an even more colossal spectacle than most...except maybe Bonni.

Last year I moved to Austin on February 7th with a suitcase and started work the next day. I returned to mpls to make the official move down to Austin a few weeks later. James, Sam, Jenn and I drove the interstate from top to bottom and made it into town on my birthday. Mere hours later a torrential downpour struck, and I realized I had exactly four friends in Austin...not the makings of my ideal birthday.

Sam, Jenn, James, Crystal and I ended up having a blast that night (well, at least I did), and I'll always remember my most low key birthday celebration as a really great night, in a really new place, with some really amazing people.

This year I have a few more friends, and it was a bright sunny day - warm enough to wear a dress which was a first for me on my birthday. I missed the company of Sam and Crystal...and so many more...too many to name. In the end though, I had a lovely brunch, cooked by my amazing boyfriend, in our fantastic house. Here are some pics, wish you all could have been here for it.
xoxo.
Mast Chef
BACON pancakes
Joel + Cary
Jess & Kim
Chocolate + strawberry + mickey mouse shaped pancake!!!
Ivansito
Jack was not allowed to join the party outside, but stared creepily from behind the screen.
Sean, Roomie, Slamka


Happy Birthday to ME!

No comments: