Wednesday, November 21, 2007

M.I.A. OMG

So the M.I.A. show was last night at 1st Ave...Stacy, Sam & I had planned on going only to find out that it was sold out. LAME. In case you don't know (like maybe you live in a cave) MIA kills it. Her music makes you move...her rhythms will make your head explode (and according to Sam she'll turn you into a zombie after she eats your brains).

So yesterday...maybe 4:00ish I get a text message from Sam saying that he is on the list + guests. Because I had already committed to dinner with the family I went into crisis mode thinking I couldn't do both...then I realized it would work perfectly!!! Dinner in Scandia until 9...drive to MPLS...M.I.A.!!! And that is what I did.

What ensued was near perfection (minus Stacy in attendance). The show was amazing...ridiculous...off the charts (that's righ...I said it). I don't know the last show I went to that was so much fun. (I'm sorry Stace - you being stuck at work seems was so lame...not trying to rub this in)!

She was all over the stage, climbing up the stairs and she stopped to sing right in front of us on her way back to the stage. pics coming soon. (I am such a geek).

I wasn't sure I had it in me to hit Foundation for the after party...but I'm hyped we did. The show was done by midnight so we hiked a couple blocks for the most bangingest of after parties. The dj was rad and we were dancing our asses off. Then I noticed Rye Rye up on the foundation stage...and then M.I.A. appeared. Pretty craze dance party (and a Rye Rye performance -short and crazy) escalated my hype to a whole new level.

Looks like extreme weekend spilled over into my week...still not claiming it was too extreme.

p.s. Thanks Sam!

No comments: