Wednesday, December 31, 2008

it was a melancholy day...but now it's 2009.

I've been trying to decide, do I do a list of the things I love?  New Year's Resolutions?  Best memories of the year?

Finally, I decided.  I'm just going to write a list of the things I've had on my mind this year.  Good, bad, and everything in between.  Make of it what you will.

  • My grandmother
  • Family in general
  • Chicago
  • Roomie
  • Esther Eve (love of my life)
  • 2955 Arthur St.
  • Amazing friends.  Lovely, supportive, crazed, sex-fiend, dance party, appreciating friends.
  • bicycles
  • summer (Best Summer Ever)
  • Moving - Cynthia, Stacy, Laurie, EC, Candace, Kemi
  • Stacy
  • Orlando 
  • Mazatlan
  • Miami
  • Minneapolis 
  • Creativity
  • Parties
  • After-Parties
  • Books
  • Music, lots and lots of music.
  • Losing jobs, ugh, losing jobs
  • money (or lack thereof)
  • Red Stag Supper Club (swinging from the balls...AHHHHOHHHYYYAAAA)
  • Condor (Condor 2, Bohemian Condor)
  • Raskin and Dusick...the aBt way
  • Star Wars
  • Amazing food (Sunday Dinners Rule my week) 
  • Mac v. PC
  • cell phones
  • deals with the devil
  • airplanes, buses, and roadtrips
  • Mexican food
  • CD Release Parties
  • First Ave
  • Tyler and Tabby
  • Summertime (again)
  • Swimming
  • Brunch
  • Old friends (you know who you are)
  • New friends (you know too!)
  • I love you.  I know.  I love you.
  • Kooks 
  • Everyone's having babies.  Holy shit.
  • Photos
  • Art
  • Vampires
  • dogs
  • conversations about boys with boys who can't get a word in.
  • Mom, Dad, Brother...or the best people in the world.
  • raw food
  • cooking food
That list is far from getting it right, or close (whatever right and close are).  It's a start though.  

3 comments:

Cody Girl said...

Good idea. Great list. <3 aawwwwhhh

typoscura said...

2009...here we go roomie.

platinumseagulls said...

2955 crosses my mind from time to time, and I still go running back to the coffee shop right there for little bits and tastes of the past.