Monday, July 23, 2007

Can't handle it!

This past weekend was so fun my head almost exploded. I kid you not. Let me give you the play-by-play.

So it has kind of been a goal of mine lately to make it to more shows...I need a good dose of creativity in my life. Friday night started with me meeting up w/ friends at the Terminal Bar in St. Anthony to check out Drinking with the Reverend. Don't be a fool and not go see these guys...they're a riot. Any band with a stand up bass and a bingo lottery between songs gets my seal of approval. If you have any reverence for religion, Jesus, or God - these guys might not be for you; but if you have a sense of humor you'll probably be ok.

After DWTR I made a pit-stop at the 331 Club. Thank you Oulman's for creating life in NE. Speaking of NE - it's blowing up - have you heard? Not only do the Gerricks, EC, Alicia, and their friend Shey live in NE - Mike & I will be residing there sooner rather than later as well. Due to power outages I made my way over to St. Paul for a good nights rest...like I was going to stay at home w/o power...I'm too big of a wimp!

Saturday was Chuck's birthday & Dance Party USA or DPUSA if you like acronyms (which I do). Not that I don't love Chuck, but DPUSA killed it. My brother and some of his friends made it out to another epic evening of too much love at 1st ave. If anyone has photos of Shawn killing it in the dance off please send them to me! Yeah to Evil Pat, Benji, Nate, Tuck & Stace, Tyler, EC, Lee, Shawn, Neal, Beth, Sarah & Mike for the killer moves.

Sunday was low key compared to Saturday night...but still a lot of fun. Mike & I went to the Red Sea (conveniently located near MPLS's finest crack stacks) to check out Sam 2 (or Mexico Sam) or to some people - just plain Sam - 's band play. They go by the moniker Shoreline and they will rock you to the core. Listen to their demo - but understand you have to see them live to fully appreciate how rad they are. There's something awesome about feeling powerless and full of power when listening to live music - and these guys give you that feeling...and I'm not just saying that because I know Sam is going to read this.

So anyway - I missed Pirates of the Caribbean at Solera last night to check out Shoreline, but I will be hitting it up tonight for POTC II if all goes well. Remember - mojitos are on special!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As all-star-azz a line-up we had the other night, we can acheive more, and better. Let's get Twincities Dance Night Out going. I'll put out an APB.