Monday, July 19, 2010

If you live in Minneapolis & have a soul you need to do this:

I be you know someone who has had cancer. Maybe you've had it. Maybe, like me, your grandmother, great aunt, grandfather, co-worker, and high school friend have had some form of cancer.

Breast. Liver. Bladder. Skin. Prostate. Thyroid. Kidney. Colon. Lung. Leukemia.
Pancreatic. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. Brain Tumor. Cervical. Rectal. Ovarian.

I have lost family members to cancer, and I've had family members survive cancer. The best thing any of us can do is offer love, support, and money. Research is needed to improve treatments and find cures.

I know none of us has much of it...but maybe think of it this way:
A night out at the Triple Rock might cost $20. (Chicken fingers ($7), 3 PBRs ($6), and one shot of whiskey ($3) + tip on it all). Skip that. One week in the next month or two skip it. Then take that $20 and go to the Red Stag on Monday, July 26th for By Your Side (a benefit for breast cancer). Donate that $20 to Team Damian so they can walk in the Susan G Komen Walk for the Cure.

I've never walked, but last year I went with Janessa and met Louisa to cheer on the walkers. Within a few minutes I think we all had tears in our eyes. Like I said, we have all been touched by this. Let's keep trying to make a difference. Really wish I could be there guys...you'll get my donation on the website...

3 comments:

Cody Girl said...

This is amazing Ashley. Thank you for the help.

Ryan said...

You're hot shit. thanks ash!

Extreme Ash said...

Glad to help in any way. Hopefully the Stag is packed!