Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bike Ride in East Austin

I think this was already 2, maybe 3 weeks ago...but James and I decided to go for a bike ride on the east side a random Saturday afternoon. This is dangerous for a couple reasons.

Reason #1
Your Mom's is def one of my favorite guilty pleasures in Austin. Come visit, and we'll buy some beers and bike there for a burger treat. You'll love it.

Reason #2
It's hot as hell in the middle of the day here, and we were on our bikes. It was a sweat fest. Ick.

The real reason I wanted to go for a ride was that we had taken a weird way home one night and I was intrigued by all the cool party stores in the neighborhood. Camera in hand we took off on a party store mission.

Victory almost immediately^^^ Kitty corner from Raquel's was another party store, but I like Raquel's blatent middle finger to Disney and copyright laws, so it's getting featured.

An old Johnson & Johnson store right across the street from Raquel's. It's being remolded, not sure to what. Weird side bar: I watched a documentary recently by the most current Johnson & Johnson heir, Born Rich. It's not great, it's really not even that good, but the power went out with like 15 minutes left and I was streaming it on Netflix and so I still haven't finished it and I'm intrigued I guess.








So anyway. We biked around for a while, took some pictures, ate a burger, and got real sweaty. As we were biking home I remembered seeing a little book store on the ride I wanted to swing through. I think I fell in love. Domy books will be taking money from me, and I don't feel bad about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

totes scared of that sponge bob pinada
<3