Friday, June 18, 2010

Employee of the Month

I have a pretty cool job. I'm not sure if any of you know what I do, so I thought I'd take a second to explain it. I work for a radio station cluster. I work in marketing. When we have clients who want to advertise and be involved in events I help plan the events and make sure they run smoothly. So far I've worked on:

~ a 5k run that benefitted a disadvantage youth camp

~ ROT Rally (Republic of Texas) motorcycle rally. 2nd largest in the country behind sturgis (I did almost nothing for this event, but helped coordinate the radio station involvement).

~ ran a street team of 25 people for car2go which is a rad car-share program that just started in austin

~ organized a World Cup viewing party for 300 people at an indoor soccer stadium

~ helped with Summer Cinema, which is basically movies in the park. Back to the Future!

I really like what I'm doing. I'm really good at it. I've made some cool friends here. One of the stations I work for, KGSR, had a team building day last week. We went out on the boat and it ruled.





Then, in total nerd-alert fashion...I was voted employee of the month today at work. I must be a baller, because last month I was nominated for Rookie of the Year. I didn't win that, but I did take home the trophy for EOTM. (There is no trophy, I made that up). What I did win was the entire company getting this photo of me in their email:

So that was pretty embarrassing.

The big boss did write a very nice note, which I'm sharing with you all so you know what a bad-ass I am when it comes to marketing and stuff.

"The Employee of the Month for June (for the work she did in the month of May) goes to Ashley Ryan, for doing an awesome job juggling EMG, CO, KGSR and KLZT! Rachel was out of town for 10 days and Ashley picked up all of her work in addition to her already packed schedule. She always has a positive “Can Do” attitude. She never seems to be stressed out. She is such a quick learner so it seems like she’s been working here for years. Thanks for all of your hard work Ashley."


Booyah. Plus I got a gift card for an hour massage. Word.

No comments: