Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tejas

4 1/2 mnths. Crazy that it's been that long already since I left Minneapolis for Austin.

July 7th will be my 5 month anniversary of moving, as well as James and my 1 year anniversary of knowing each other.

So. Almost five months of Texas, and I can say that it's growing on me. I don't like the heat; but I also don't like the cold of MN winters. At least in the heat I can still go biking and cool off with a drink or jump in the pool. My fingers don't go numb here, but I do burn my legs and my ass on my stupid leather car seats a lot. Shorts + hot leather = burnt legs.

Jesse Stensby texted me that past weekend, saying he wished mpls had the equivalent of Magnolia's. Sam, I think you might be the only mpls'er we've brought there...remember the Mag Mud? I wish Austin had a Fuji-Ya...I'm really missing that spot. There are some really great sushi joints down here though. One spot is reminiscent of Fuji-Ya, and that makes me happy...but I've only been there once.

Besides the burnt legs and the lack of Fuji-ya, I really can't complain. Happy in Austin, hoping to get back to MN for a week pretty soon, missing your faces, thinking of you guys, learning about living in Texas.

2 comments:

tucker said...

and she's never coming back. All talk....allllllll talk.

Extreme Ash said...

I'm not calling anyone out...I'm just saying...I thought I'd be back by now...funds. (Lacking).