Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Donkey Punch, 6 voicemails, and 13 minutes, 21 seconds of lameness

I was reminded today of a few of the things that motivate me. The list (while not created by me) was surprisingly (or not surprisingly) accurate - and first on it was friends. I had an insane day at work and pretty much couldn't wait to break out. Called up the lovely JK and made a date for drinks and food. It was discovered/remembered that her ID is not currently in her possession, so the genius that is two people thinking clearly realized she could use her passport. I don't verify IDs for a living or anything. No, that would make sense.

As we were noshing on queso fundido and I was hammering down a bloody I realized what a good friend can do to swing your mood - I actually had that realization multiple times today. As Ms. Nielsen joined us we just got goofy...and I had to order (not receive) a donkey punch. For the record, there is nothing wrong with walking down the street heckling your friends. Finally, I get to my transient living station only to find a hilarious image of TG and Esther in full cuddle session. As we recapped our days we were joined by the lovely Cyn who wow-ed me with tales of times long ago (or from last year). Scandalous! Finally, I just got off the phone with Sam who berated me for being so lame. I was all wrapped up in a pink blanket and sweats, totally ready to call it a night with Bowie and Labyrinth when he called me out on my lame ways. So here I am. Writing a blog when I should be getting ready for the Triple Double. He can yell at me when he gets here.

Thanks friends. You're great.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad. Wish I was with you guys out tonight.
Call me when you can, no worries! :)
oxoxLaurie

Anonymous said...

i want to be your friend! i want to be your friend IN minneapolis! aw main.

typoscura said...

So THAT'S WHY you were late? Well...we handled it in the end. Cheers transient...cheers.

cynthia said...

hee hee.

i am ashamed...

ledare said...

And I was all "like you've never seen a Tony Danza before?!" and you were like... Oh wait.. You weren't... Damnit. Miss you!

Extreme Ash said...

to all of my dear sweet friends who left me. i miss you all to no end. hearts. wish you were here...and soon I'll be there.