Wednesday, June 18, 2008

viva la música

Why is it that people you don't know and will probably never meet seem to have the exact same thoughts/emotions/experiences as you? Yet somehow they seem to have a better voice and a much better way of articulating themselves and their thoughts/emotions/experiences. Sometimes I forget what music does for me, how it makes me feel, and how it makes me think. I am thankful that in 2008 I have not forgotten this...in fact, this year has been a re-awakening for me. It has literally been years since I have immersed myself so deeply into this thing I love so much...and I've barely scratched the surface. I have had the pleasure of learning about a lot of music I wasn't listening to (thank you Tucker, Mike, Sam, Stacy, Ryan, John and many more) for the introductions. I have also had the pleasure of rediscovering a lot of old favorites (thank you me). Finally, I have been getting to go to some of the best shows I've ever seen in my entire life this year. Yeah for music and the friends I enjoy it with.

No comments: