Wednesday, June 13, 2007

art - like whoa

So I work with this guy Tim who's our graphic design dude. Really nice, his wife's really cool - just chill people. I invited them to Jess's gallery opening and they wanted to go, but had other plans for the same night.

So Tim walks into my office yesterday and says, "Hey Ashley, I know you're into cool art, so I thought I'd show you this quick." Turns out Tim's old boss is a collector and had Tim take photos of all her collection for her records and in case she decides to ever sell any. He opened this huge, hard cased portfolio and proceeded to show me some amazing pieces - almost everything was free from glass/frame.

If I was really that into art I'd actually have known a lot more of what I was looking at - but he had some drawings from Yves Tanguy, who I do like. A lot of what he had was really cool, stamped with crests from all kinds of museums (evern from the louvre).

And then...he pulled out a picasso. I'm not kidding. It was insane. I know there are hundreds, even thousands of pieces of his work out there; but to see one, and hold one. It was surreal. Tim had great documentation for everything - I actually held the note picasso wrote to a friend telling him to enjoy the sketch. seriously cool.

1 comment:

typoscura said...

titties.....er....I mean...."Split and Splurge™