Thursday, June 21, 2007

Go Skateboarding...wait - do I do that?

Not so much...but there was a time when it was really all I did. A long time ago, in a far, far away land...

It was really weird today - I left work a little early and was walking along Nicollet Mall - one of the best spots to be in the city on a Thursday afternoon in the summer (thank you farmer's market & the street vendor hotdog guys); and it struck me that it was/is "Go Skateboarding Day" and what was odd was that I didn't see anyone skateboarding...NOT that they weren't out in full force.

It actually made me reflect on how much my life has changed in the past few years - it really blows my mind. I wore a dress to work today. I remember wearing dresses to Fobia too - but you better believe I had to defend that decision to the death against Andrew (formerly know as Lurkstizzle), Hunk-Puff, Burger, Paul, (but for some reason Dana Maltby never cared). Nobody looked twice as I walked into work today, but then again - I work in an office downtown; not Fobia. I guess my point is - a lot has changed...but I still knew it was go skateboarding day - that's got to count for something. Right?

2 comments:

DoctorShoot said...

it does count indeed. follow your heart.
hope you get to read some of my stories and poems
cheers
doc

DoctorShoot said...

Ash
thanks for taking the trouble.
more power to your leg
cheers
doc