Thursday, April 17, 2008

Two letters...so many options...

So I went to Voltage last night...it was packed to the rafters with uber-stylish people (many of them taking themselves way too seriously) but was overall a good time. Ran into some peeps that I haven't seen in years (literally) which is always funny. It's kind of that awkward...oh hey! How are you? What have you been up to? You look great! I love your hair...have you talked to so-and-so lately? No - me neither...

I'm good at chit-chat; I might even be the queen of chit-chat...but last night something was distracting me...maybe it was MC/VL cranked...maybe it was that I was trying to pay attention to Jamiel and Quang at the same time as these chit-chats...but I wasn't on my A-game. So, if I ran into you and seemed a bit distracted let me take this time to apologize.

Anyway...so I send a text message to my good friend Sam around 11pm that reads, "How do you feel about an ap?" The response was something like, "Feeling it" - so I get hyped. A Wednesday night AP? Sounds good to me. I proceed with the rest of my evening which includes meeting up with some friends for a lovely glass (or two) of wine at Town Talk and this is where acronyms all fall apart.

ap in Sam's mind means appetizers. hmmm. Pretty sure apps is an acceptable short hand for appetizers. ap? NO.
A.P. is what he claims would have been clear. Or A P - but not ap.
A.P. could also mean: Associated Press, Advanced Placement, After Penetration, Adult Penetration, Animal Planet...there are tons of possibilities...and we talked about many of them.

Needless to say, we didn't go to the ap/AP/A.P./A P - and we didn't even get an appetizer.
Wack.
This is pretty craze.

9 comments:

cynthia said...

ha! that is great.

i am sorry i was not able to stay long to chit chat with you. perhaps, catch up this weekend?

Anonymous said...

Friend- You were not too weird. What's weird is I tracked down your blog and am now commenting on it. I win the big creepy award! I bought what you were selling on the hair comment! xoxo, Megan

Extreme Ash said...

Friend Megan - the comment was nothing to be bought or sold - it was absolutely truthful...I do love your hair...you were adorable. I'm just stating the over-all funniness of running into people you used to see on the daily and how the conversations change when you run into them something more like yearly...I hope I see you (and your hair) soon! xoxo...ash

Anonymous said...

Haha, sad. when I read the AP confusion story...I thought what Sam assumed, appetizers! haha!
whoops...maybe that's because our friends call it ap, or apps (more so though) sometimes.
Here's the sad part of my comment: I don't know what you meant...haha...what is AP Ash????

ps: I miss you a lot.
xoxo
Laurie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bona roba said...

I would also like to know what AP means!
Alcohol purse?
Anchovy paste?
Altered proms?
another prune?
antics provoked?

I'm lost

jawsthemesam said...

YES! Laurie knows whats up! thats why i love you- always on the same page. what everyone really needs to know is that when at a restaurant, ap means appetizer.

bona roba said...

at the restaurant I work at ap is how we abbreviate appetizer.

Extreme Ash said...

As laurie pointed out in her own post...apps (with two p's and and s) is what you use for APPETIZERS. As I stated in my post AP has many a meaning...and thank you love(ant) for adding more. My def of an AP that particular evening was an AFTER PARTY...most commonly used as DPAP (dance party after party). We all straight?