Tuesday, July 29, 2008

PEPFAR...and other sentimental thoughts about USA (#1)

Read THIS.

Now I understand that this subject matter is a little intense compared to the usual extremeash chatter but it doesn't fit on HPC, PP, or Vixens (this one's secret)...so it's making its way to EA.

#1 - I applaud Congress and the President (yes, I said it) for working together on this hugely important bill.

This presidential legacy has left a lot to be desired, but when something like this happens, it restores my faith that I live in an amazing country that I should in fact be quite proud of.

The United States provides 1/5 of all the funding for AIDS prevention and treatment funding in the world. IN THE WORLD. All other countries and agencies combined. I know we're fucking up in a lot of ways right now...but I am proud that we're trying to do some things right.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember No Child Left Behind? I really hope that the U.S. actually does something about this, but the fact is I would not hold out much hope for something like this being fully funded. If McCain is elected it is almost certain and it is very likely even if Obama is. The United States likes to put on a good show for the most part but when it comes to putting the actual money up, we often fall very short.

Anonymous said...

The vixens one ain't that secret son.

Anonymous said...

You are going to have to speak actual english for me. I have been out of the game for a bit SON.

Anonymous said...

Shucks, that comment was intended for Ash, but I can see how the "son" part would be confusing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, living in SC kinda makes me less than brilliant. I need to get back to MPLS. I was drunk when I wrote that and I sounded like a prick. Sorry.

typoscura said...

but the fact of the matter is that you're NOT a prick



and i love you

i've said it

Extreme Ash said...

I love you all...in fact, I told TG last night that my biggest thrill in the past month has been whenever barto comments on my blog.

The vixens might not be that secret son...but enough that I don't need to link to them.

Anonymous said...

I will comment again then. There, I did it. Lets keep this love-fest going.