Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Like Bowie Said.

So it was Jakarta fashion week. A couple weeks ago. I scoured the collections looking for inspiration outside of my norm and I'm happy to report there was much that pleased. I will confess I know nothing about the history of Jakarta fashion week, how long it's been in existence, how many designers actually showed, etc...and it's taken me a couple weeks to actually get to this post, but anyway...if you like clothes...enjoy.


The only photo that I missed the designer ^^^ Very into mixed prints and structured jackets. Want.



Adrian.

Ummm. Awesome?


Albert Yanuar.

I don't think I would ever wear this much color. Glad someone can.


Ali Charisma.
Weird, but kinda hyped. I'm into this really structured shoulder (but not jutting out mega rough) thing. Flamenco inspired is ok by me.


Evelyn Fransiska .
Hate the dress. Love the shoes. And the hair.


Mel Ahyar.

WTF. Srsly.
(It wasn't all good).


Irna Mutiara.

Ok, a couple things. I love this jacket, and the gauzy/dreamy shirt and the necklaces. I have boobs, so I will NEVER get to wear this. Undecided on the headpiece. It works here. In MPLS?



Ivan Gunawan.

Is this a dress or a top and skirt? I hope the latter, because I hate the top, love the skirt. Together they work. Sort of.



Ivan Gunawan.

More flamenco sleeves!


Ivan Gunawan.

Blossom-esque patterned skirt meets mega-structured top? Ok.


Harry Ibrahim.

Remind anyone else of J.Lo's AMA outfit?


Jeffrey Tan.

and then there was this ^^^

Not sure how I feel. But I think I feel good???


Jeffrey Tan.
Uhhh. Win? Fail? I don't know. I think I would rock that dress.


Marga Alam.

Not really into evening wear, but this was a beautiful shot of the fabric.


Melia Wijaya.

Damn boobs will get in the way of this dress too. Can I have those boots for Christmas?


Merdi Sihombing.

I feel like I maybe tried to make this outfit in 1996. Really.


Merdi Sihombing.

I guess I've got a thing for glittery? oh no.




Merdi Sihombing.

Stack this under "Things I Could Never Wear Without Getting Beat Up, But I Wish I Could."


Merdi Sihombing.

Ditto.


Misan.

Ever see Starship Troopers? This somhow reminds me of one of the brain bugs. I like it.



Misan.

Love.


Misan.
Yes Please.


Oka Diputra.

And you. Yes, you.


Poppy Karim.

Could never wear. Appreciate it though.



Rudy Chandra.

Well if that's not fun I don't know what is!

She's like a buttercup cake.

Sapto.

The red buckle-y Britney Spears circa 2001 things have got to go.

I like how it's knotted at the bottom though. Lots.

(and is that a TRUCKER HAT???)

Sapto.

Give me those giant shoulders and crazy shoes. NOW.


Sapto (again)

Tell me how she's standing!?!?!?!? Tiny magic elf.


Sisca Tjong

Ditch the hat. Now. Would Love the rest if it wasn't a 1 shoulder. Whimsical.


Stella Rissa

Fuck yes. I could NEVER wear this. But OH GOD I love it.


Stella Rissa again

Not as good, but very cute. The shoes have got to go.



Yayasun Jantung.

New Year's Eve outfit?

1 comment:

Snickerdoodles McPoppycock said...

Those chicks are hot! -Great post!!