Monday, September 14, 2009

New York Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week. A lot of it is making me very happy. Optimism abounds in Spring.

Just had to throw this one up first as a DON'T. Other than this monstrous outfit Thom Brown got it right.

See! This is Thom Brown getting it REALLY right >>>
This would be REALLY right, except for the footwear. Please don't encourage the use of flippy floppies with an outfit of this caliber. >>>

Erin Wasson x RVCA...not hugely impressed with the line but liked a few pieces. Give me a bra and an open shirt any day.
Straight outta Dynasty:
Tiffany Amber scores with this color. Fabulous. >>>
Normally not a huge Herve Lege fan, but the muted metallic look is a win.
Jewel by Lisa. A mini with capped sleeves? Love.
I thought he was making a price-point line, but then I saw this? Christian Siriano had a few stunners in my opinion >


There are a few collections that are doing no wrong:
Alexander Wang (duh):

and Derek Lam. Oh Derek Lam...I heart all of thee. >>>



SO GOOD!!!
Lacoste!
Monochromatic makes me so happy, and Lacoste does it so well. Plus I'm mega psyched on her hair scarf/ribbon.

Yes Please. Thank you.
Rag & Bone. Keeping it classy.



6 comments:

Cody Girl said...

Thank for this <33

cristabell said...

really really not a fan of the lacoste line at all :(

Extreme Ash said...

Lacoste is NOT for everyone. I don't think I could ever wear it right, but it's a dream. Watched Match Point last night and it was all cutesy English upper-crust tennis wear...kinda digging it.

Dus said...

I'll keep my comments to myself, out of respect. Too much interwebz hatin' out there as it is, ya know?? BUT I bet you can just imagine what I'm thinking right now Condor!

Extreme Ash said...

Hahahaha. Yes. Yes I can.
AND. Can we pleeeeeazzzzeee have a Friday BBQ lunch date soon?

Unknown said...

Nice jobby :)

My good friend from High school is the Creative Director of Erin Wasson x RCVA
COON TOWN IN THE HOUSE :) haha!

She went to FIDM too.

She's one half of the amazing duo behind bleachblack.com
check that shit out if you haven't already :)

Loved Bodkin tonight-so proud of Claire :)
Feel free to come back to NYC for Fashion Week next year-hopefully I'll be more large and in charge and we'll hit some good shows!!
oxox