Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Someday Maybe...(or) Home is Where the Heart Is Pt 2.


Today I limited myself to 24 photos of other people's inspiring homes. I love my home/warehouse; it has it's fair share of problems, but it really is lovely in many ways. Here are a few ideas I will be incorporating to my future home (when I have lots of monies).

Dear Porches,
I adore you.

love, ash

Kitchens!

Bathrooms!

I picked out a sink almost identical to the above for my parent's house (except it's a single faucet). ^^^
Shared Space: Bedrooms!



I am really feeling grey walls (dark grey) walls with splashes of colored accents. I am also constantly torn between hyper modern/sleek and kitschy/shabby/chic (thus the need for a large home and lots of monies). I think I'll lean towards a modern kitchen and bath with shabby chic common space and bedroom. yes? I think so.

7 comments:

louisa marion photography said...

droooooool.

Scott said...

I only like beyond ultra modern.

My bed sheets are made of rubber. My bed itself is a single molded slab of concrete with a drain at the end of the bed and a gentle slope down towards my concrete floor drain so if I pee in the bed it all drains in and is easily washed down with a hose.

If you enter my living room you will see 3 traffic cone like spikes in the center of the room. They are made of steel. They are "chairs" in that you could theoretically sit on them but you wouldn't want to because they are extremely uncomfortable. The living room is lit by a single open square cut in the house (I do not believe in Windows) and a extremely harsh work lamp hung high in the 20 foot vault ceilings.

cristabell said...

ohhh i like this set SO much more then the other set you posted, lots less clutter.

the wooden wall - AMAZING.

the second bathroom with the chandelier - PERFECT

Bookshelf walls - my dream in life.

A CAT hahaha.

that last bedroom reminds me of your room.

Extreme Ash said...

oh my god, where can I pick up a set of those steel cone chairs - I've been looking everywhere!!!

Less clutter...yes, this set is definitely a "cleaner" group. I LOVE the 2nd bathroom. I have been obsessed with really graphic (pattens, not bloody) wallpapers lately. Like one really bold wall and then the rest simple, and that bathrooms scores perfectly.

Unknown said...

You NEED to visit Apartmenttherapy.com
So great! And equally inspiring!

Miss you lovely girl :)

Unknown said...

Ummmm....obsessed already. Thanks Laurie.

p.s. xoxo.

cynthia said...

You can do most of it now! I am totally in to that salvaged wood kitchen! So rad, I have one I need to show you, because I am in love with it. Also, you have to check out the book "Woodstock Handmade Houses," it's simply amazing.