Tuesday, September 1, 2009

BOTW (day late)

Hi Friends!

Last night Tucker asked me what I'm going to do when I have to get a job where I can't just Facebook/Blog/look at the Internet all day. I thought about it, and I've decided I'm never going to get a job like that. I haven't had one yet, so why start now?

To that point, I've looked at a bunch of blogs over the past two days and I have been in bloggy heaven. So much good content...thanks for sharing your thoughts/live/etc with the world (and ME)!

My nominees for Blog of the Week, ending August 31st, 2009 are as follows:

1) Super Beast Creative. I like this blog a lot. There are usually funny stories, weird pictures, and inside jokes I don't get cause I don't really know these people. This picture is from a post titled "So Wrong It's Right". In a personal story of "So Wrong It's Right," I was walking to work this morning and saw a crew of like 15 people down the block walking toward me. I thought to myself, "what a motley looking crew" and then began thinking about the band Mötley Crüe. As the group approached me I realized they all had Down Syndrome. Now if you know much about me you know a few things. I think Down Syndrome is kinda funny, and, I'm going to hell for thinking that. So. Wrong. It's. Right. (That one's for you Laurie Gow). Also, I liked their post #getting huge #blastingpecs from a couple days ago.


2) This is a picture of the always dapper, Mr. Giovanni Damian. It also appears on my new favorite website (Fuck Yeah Boston Terriers!) His best friend in the whole world is my dear friend Ryan.

3) Thank god for Michelle. I don't know anyone who finds more internet gems.
4) Louisa has a new camera (have you heard)!?! She is doing a lovely job sticking it in all of our faces, and I enjoy frustrating her by turning and looking directly at her whenever the lens is aimed my way. She has a beautiful set of posts documenting BSE that you should look at if you haven't yet. This photo below is actually one of my favorite from the show. It was from the night we had the Wizard Sticks party (EC's going away) last year. This was Tucker's cup that read "Don't Die Tonight" and it was full of water. I like this picture because I always think it looks like the cup reads "Don't Die Tonic" which I find appropriate. Also, it's funny because Tucker ended up in his underwear puking his guts out into a cardboard box in his bedroom that night. The tonic didn't work.
5) I found this blog today, she posted a comment on Scott's blog which I found interesting so I followed it to her blog and stalked her. Weird? Yes. Totally like me? Yes. I hope she doesn't mind me reading. Since it's not set to private I assumed it was ok, and then assumed I could share it with you. From my light internet stalking I gather Kari Strand is from Minnesota, but is currently living and teaching in Korea with her boyfriend. She misses American television and food and I like how she talks about it. It also appears she knows Scott. Her blog reminds me of Cody (that whole teaching in Korea thing) and I thought some of you might enjoy it too.
6) I've been really psyched on the Familia blog's idea "YOU Interviewed". Very entertaining and you know these kids are really excited about it too. Read them if you haven't been.
7) Hahaha. Yes! CODY. Nothing makes me smile like the way Cody Jean's blog makes me smile. She has an amazing ability to type EXACTLY how she talks. *Dusick - back me up.
8) I like those dudes at Burlesque. They happen to be a pretty creative bunch, and they're even artistically inclined! Some of them have work featured in a couple new books that look really great. I'm really interested in getting my hands on The Rest Is Up To You. On another note, their blog post title is "Reading Rainbow" which is the name of one of my favorite shows as a child. I found out a few days ago that it will no longer be airing on PBS (last episode was a couple days ago) and I honestly got tears in my eyes. FUCK YOU Dragon Ball Z or whatever dumb ass embarrassing crap cartoon stupid kids are watching these days. Pick up a fucking book.

9) Crista Bell struck a beautiful (if long awaited) chord yesterday. Pretty images that made me happy.
SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM THIS WEEK. A problem I like very much.
I'm gonna have to go with the ever lovely Louisa. Her photos are really quite beautiful and I think I'm going to be very excited to see a whole lot more in the future. Thanks for sharing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

geek! i'm a geek, geeking out!

Extreme Ash said...

yay! i knew you would be :)