Sunday, July 19, 2009

NYC Day 3

Day 3 in NYC...I honestly don't remember what we did during the day. I know Laurie had to work, and I'm assuming Sam, Ben and I met up with Tucker way later than he wanted (running theme) to do something.

I do know that this was the night we went to Savalas in Brooklyn to dance our asses off to the wonderful Mike 2600. It was a trek for the four of us to get over there, I think we ended up taking the train the wrong way and walking the wrong direction to the wrong address (and I don't think we were drunk). Ended up going to see Ambra and Eric (and Eric's band) play at Cake Shop before heading over to Bedford. Great live music + Great dj sets = Great Night. We got to Savalas minutes before EC, Alyson and Tucker and proceeded to down as many free drinks as we possibly could...you'll see the results in a minute...
Ragsdale made an appearance (which totally ruled), we got people psyched on public passion, and I talked to a rad Swiss dude for half the night. Shit got out of control per usual and Laurie fell asleep at the bar (no, really).


Fun signage on the walk...I am exactly the kind of dork who gets psyched on stuff like this:


Eric's band:


Waiting for the train (after we took it the wrong way). Brains not working.





Got to Savalas. Turns out I hang out with a bunch of fucking hipsters who all wear plaid. <3 href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhthFY5eXvkL9t59hwOCsQFdqkQ1_SrkRxnq388GYilpQDAK-7zdkhjETHbPregEmCGNt8P6WVYj_q2j8KDHqJr_XF6Mqo6Uks5dchj9p5qBe-icwQDvHTgUTI1yWSv6V57DP1J_fhwDRQ/s1600-h/22+Plaid.jpg">

Yep, it's official. We Rule.

Soooo, want to know how to REALLY get a dance party going? Play hot-potato. With a watermelon. That's what all the kids are doing these days.


Then, when it gets dropped, use it as a can cooler, eat it, and watch as it turns your feet into sweet, sticky messes.

This dude poured whiskey into Tucker and Laurie's mouths - and all down their faces...we've got the pics to prove it somewhere. Also, do I feel a match made in heaven between the bartender and Janessa...matching swimsuits!

MN connection!


We tried to figure out how much alcohol Laurie consumed to get to "Laurie This Big" and it just didn't add up. One of the most charming girls of all time happens to be one of the funniest drunks of all time...not shocked.


Why not Roomie - why not? Vampires are all the rage these days.

Sticky watermelon feet and "PBR Down"

ummmmm......

Then Sam babysat Laurie (I'd like to think I helped) and she fell asleep at the bar. LOVE it.






The one and only Eric William Carroll:


7 comments:

Chase said...

Wow.

Anonymous said...

OMG!

My doppleganger lives in NYC. He's a dude...typical. (Props to him for actually sporting the Bud one piece though)

Cody Girl said...

<33

typoscura said...

ummmm....yeah...


you forgot to mention that those girls in the picture with me were all jacked on Ecstasy. I carried the one out of the bar and down the block. Then she started to "feel all warm and fuzzy" and started groping me and telling me she loved me. EC and I proceeded to go get pizza with them. The whole time she had goose bumps the size of NERDS candy. It was craze. EC and I just left em' there.

bonkers.

Extreme Ash said...

I think that photo is saved on my computer as "E Babes" hahahahaha.

Unknown said...

I didn't work that day-I had the day off and we woke up and made smoothies and then watched tv (with the cobra) and then went to Whole Foods for the july 4th festivities and then took showers and headed out. Remember we felt really accomplished b/c we went grocery shopping?? :)
Good lord I look disgusting in all of those photos. What is wrong with me? I think it's like my body knew I had you and Sam to take care of me? B/c I don't fall asleep at bars on the regular.

Fantastic though-really. So much fun. Thanks again for taking care of me. :) oxox
ps: that photo of me in the subway looks like my Dad with a wig on and I look 50 years old and I hate it.
Justsayin.

Extreme Ash said...

god, pretty much the only thing I thought was "certain" in my memory was that you worked this day. fail. thank you for the reminder, this was a fantastic lazy day.

and p.s. I love every picture of you from this night - SO much. You are beyond adorable in all of them.

miss you too much. xoxo.ash