Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kiddie Pool BBQ

Last week Steph and I decided to get ginger limeades (the best summertime drink ever) from Moose & Sadie's near the office. As we're sitting there talking I get a text from Dave, telling me that I should come in an hour late just because (win!). Steph had to take off, so I texted Crista, Dusick, and Raskin and told them to come visit me outside the office...lounging in the sun when you don't have to be at work is pretty much the greatest.

They informed me we would be bbqing the next day, and as we talked about it we got
PUMPED UP. I think the plan was to meet at 10am for bloody mary's (they told me 9 because "hipsters are always late"). I think I showed up at like 2:30.

Needless to say - the BBQ was the fucking SUMMERTIME JAM I needed. This summer has come pretty late, I think we can all agree that it really just started the end of July - but goddam - it is here.

PROOF:

Dusick's Snorkel Beer Bong...genius! ^

BBQ Bubbles! ^^^

BBQ Beer Bong! Yes, the majority of us there are like 25 - 28 years old. Yes there was a beer bong. Yes, we had to move off of the front lawn and onto the front steps to hide it from the children on the street and next door.

You bet your ass there was a goddamn kiddie pool. $25.00. Magic. Yes, we are wearing water-wings.

SUMMERTIME! ^^^

What's this?

Vodka Melon! (Are we like 18 years old or WHAT)?

Matt Raskin (the master of the kiddie pool/bbq). I think his wife was out of town, I <3 Kimbo.

No joke, they were pouring beer into a frisbee and then drinking from it.

There were "rules" for drinking from the frisbee.

I was impressed (to say the least).



Dusick! Dusick! Dusick! YES!

Crista Bell was impressed as well (can't you tell)?

Victory.
GO USA!

8 comments:

cristabell said...

this day was so so so great.

cristabell said...

i'm stealing a photo too.

Dus said...

lakjdsfljakldsjfjaskldjfaklsjdfl;avlqwJKQFEWJQIOQWAMSVKL;ADKLSNCKLANSDJKLVNJLANDSKLJKLAJSDKLVNA

Dus said...

OK OK that first comment was just me freaking out. HOLY SHIT THIS DAY WAS EPIC!!!

You're right, are we like 18 again? Beer bongs? Snorkel bongs? I mean, really?

That booze melon kicked my ASS, wow, i think i'm still recovering.

Why does this not happen every weekend?

I am stealing all of these pics.

Nice job on the post, your commentary couldn't have been better.

Best blog post of your career.

I'm done now. PUMP!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

wtf! that's my old house! 25th and grand! connie and scott would not approve of a pool in their front yard! you know the new tenants?! Who sleeps in my room?

Extreme Ash said...

kdj kl;fjsdkljf lk;sdjfl;jdsl

OH MY GOD! (and yes Dusick, this is a new weekend must).

BUUUUUUUUT. JEN! I KNEW when I was standing in that kitchen it seemed familiar, but my only spotty memories of your place was me drinking knee pads and getting fucked up, a limbo contest, and Tucker puking! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You just made my day.

My friend Matt and his wife Kim live there now. These photos in no way represent what it's normally like there, usually very chill.

YES! SO Awesome. All these funny memories of your party coming back to me now.

typoscura said...

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha......the first time i puked from alcohol was allll over that yard. and in the bushes. And on the steps...and...